Extractable Nuclear Antibodies (ENA) Blood Test, from our experts to you.Dr Sam Rodgers MBBS, MRCGP
Chief Medical Officermeet our doctors
What is an ENA blood test?
Our Extractable Nuclear Antibodies (ENA) Blood Test detects the presence of one or more autoantibodies in the blood that react with proteins in the cell nucleus.
What tests are included?
This panel includes tests for different antibodies, including:
- -Anti-RNP antibodies to detect mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD)
- -Anti-Sm antibodies for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- -Anti-SS-A (Ro) and anti-SS-B (La) antibodies for Sjögren's syndrome
- -Scl-70 antibodies for scleroderma (systemic sclerosis)
- -Anti-Jo-1 for polymyositis
Who should take this test?
This test is usually requested following a positive ANA test for people with signs and symptoms of an autoimmune disorder.