Mercury Urine Test

£89.00

A test to measure the level of mercury in your urine.

For this test, you will be required to visit The Doctors Laboratory in London to collect your sample as the sample is not suitable for posting. Learn more.

Results estimated in 5 working days

View 3 Biomarkers
Find your nearest clinic
Key: You are here Appointment required Walk-in service

Biomarker table

Kidney health

Creatinine urine

Learn more

Creatinine is a chemical waste molecule that is generated from normal muscle metabolism. Measurement of this is an indicator of the levels of other waste products in the body. Creatinine is also an accurate marker of kidney function, and may help in diagnosing kidney disease.

Trace elements

Mercury : Creatinine

Learn more

Mercury - urine

Learn more

Mercury is a toxic heavy metal that can damage the brain, nervous system, kidneys and lungs when the body is exposed to high levels.
Blood testing made easy

How it works

Your personalised, actionable health results are only a few clicks away. Order your test, take and post your sample, then view your results online with our doctors' comments.

Your results, simplified

Track, improve, and monitor your health over time

MyMedichecks is your personal online dashboard where you can view your results, access clear and simple explanations about individual health markers, monitor changes in your health, and securely store information about your medical history, lifestyle, and vital statistics.

FAQs

How does mercury exposure happen?

Mercury exposure can occur from eating fish, having certain dental filings, breathing contaminated air, and in industries involved in coal, gold, cement, steel, and battery production.

What is a Mercury Urine Test?

Our Mercury Urine Test measures your mercury exposure. Our test can be influenced by eating fish because fish (particularly certain deep sea fish) may contain mercury. This test can help if you are worried about mercury exposure from your workplace or environment. It can be used by employers who are required to carry out biological monitoring for workers potentially exposed to mercury.

What is mercury?

Mercury is a toxic heavy metal that, if exposed to high levels, can cause damage to the nervous system, brain, kidneys, lungs, and blood vessels. It can also result in many diseases, such as acrodynia, Hunter-Russell syndrome and Minamata disease.

Our latest customer reviews