The leading online health checks service for over 15 years.
We have processed over 2.3 million results.
Get secure and personalised results online.
A qualified doctor will interpret your results.
Ceruloplasmin, caeruloplasmin, is officially known as ferroxidase and is the major copper-carrying protein in the blood, and in addition plays a role in iron metabolism.
Ceruloplasmin is made in the liver and carries 90% of the copper in our blood. The other 10% is carried by albumin.
A ceruloplasmin test is used to help diagnose Wilson’s disease and other conditions associated with copper deficiencies.
Wilson’s disease is an inherited condition associated with abnormal copper metabolism.
Wilson’s disease results in excess storage of copper, primarily in the liver and brain.
Copper is an essential mineral that is absorbed into the body through diet. It is incorporated into enzymes that play a role in the regulation of iron metabolism, formation of connective tissue, energy production at the cellular level, the production of melanin, and the function of the nervous system and brain.
We send you an easy-to-use kit to collect your blood sample.
Post your sample to our lab in the prepaid envelope provided.
View results securely in your own personal dashboard.
Our tests are not a substitute for seeing your doctor, especially if you are suffering symptoms. Our doctors will interpret your results based on the information you have provided, but will not diagnose, consult or provide any treatment. You will be advised to see your doctor for any necessary follow-up action.
We will send you your Ceruloplasmin blood test sample collection kit together with the details of a convenient clinic where you can go and have your sample taken.
Your Ceruloplasmin test includes 1st class postage and packaging for you to send your blood sample directly to our laboratory for analysis. If you live in an area where you cannot rely on the post or you simply want to ensure that your sample arrives at the laboratory the following day, you may wish to send your blood sample guaranteed next day delivery for extra reassurance.
Your blood sample will be analysed at one of our chosen laboratories. You can be assured of fast, accurate results from one of our accredited independent providers of clinical diagnostic tests.
Our medical team will comment on out-of-range blood test results and give you follow-up advice where necessary. If you need it, a PDF copy of your Ceruloplasmin test results can be downloaded for your doctor.
Once you have placed your order you will receive login details to mymedichecks.com where you can manage your account, track your orders and view your Ceruloplasmin test results.
Stay motivated by filling in your online health and lifestyle questionnaire and seeing how improvements in your lifestyle can influence your test results. Your medical and family history gives us vital information when interpreting your results.