The leading online health checks service for over 15 years.
We have processed over 2.3 million results.
Get secure and personalised results online.
A qualified doctor will interpret your results.
Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF), also known as the Armenian disease is a hereditary inflammatory disorder that affects people originating from around the Mediterranean Sea area.
Familial Mediterranean Fever is an inherited condition and symptoms include episodes of painful inflammation in the abdomen, chest, or joints. These episodes are often accompanied by fever and sometimes a rash.
The first episode usually occurs in childhood or the teenage years, but in some cases, the initial attack occurs much later in life. Typically, episodes last 6 to 72 hours and can vary in severity.
The Familial Mediterranean Fever gene is located on the short arm of chromosome 16 (16p13).
The disorder inherits in an autosomal recessive fashion. Therefore, two asymptomatic carrier parents have a 25% chance of a child with the disorder, a 50% chance of a child who is an asymptomatic carrier and a 25% chance of a child who does not carry the disorder.
Familial Mediterranean Fever patients who have children with a carrier or another Familial Mediterranean Fever patient have a 50% and 100% chance, respectively, of having a child with Familial Mediterranean Fever.
We send you an easy-to-use kit to collect your blood sample.
Post your sample to our lab in the prepaid envelope provided.
View results securely in your own personal dashboard.
Our tests are not a substitute for seeing your doctor, especially if you are suffering symptoms. Our doctors will interpret your results based on the information you have provided, but will not diagnose, consult or provide any treatment. You will be advised to see your doctor for any necessary follow-up action.
We will send you your Familial Mediterranean Fever (MEFV hotspot sequencing) blood test sample collection kit together with the details of a convenient clinic where you can go and have your sample taken.
Your Familial Mediterranean Fever (MEFV hotspot sequencing) test includes 1st class postage and packaging for you to send your blood sample directly to our laboratory for analysis. If you live in an area where you cannot rely on the post or you simply want to ensure that your sample arrives at the laboratory the following day, you may wish to send your blood sample guaranteed next day delivery for extra reassurance.
Your blood sample will be analysed at one of our chosen laboratories. You can be assured of fast, accurate results from one of our accredited independent providers of clinical diagnostic tests.
Our medical team will comment on out-of-range blood test results and give you follow-up advice where necessary. If you need it, a PDF copy of your Familial Mediterranean Fever (MEFV hotspot sequencing) test results can be downloaded for your doctor.
Once you have placed your order you will receive login details to mymedichecks.com where you can manage your account, track your orders and view your Familial Mediterranean Fever (MEFV hotspot sequencing) test results.
Stay motivated by filling in your online health and lifestyle questionnaire and seeing how improvements in your lifestyle can influence your test results. Your medical and family history gives us vital information when interpreting your results.