Recurrent miscarriage is diagnosed when a woman miscarries consecutively 3 times, before 20 weeks gestation.
Often no cause is found.
Conditions which are thought to be associated with Recurrent Miscarriage:
· General disease - Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) - a disease affecting many systems of the body. People affected often have a butterfly-rash over the cheeks and bridge of the nose.
· Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome - this is an immune disease where the main problems are Recurrent Miscarriage, clots in the veins or arteries and often a low count of one of the blood components, the platelets.
· Chromosome problems - account for only 3%.
· Uterine (womb) abnormality - This is only associated in about 4%. .
· Fibroids - area/s of normal uterus tissue growing in the muscle, sometimes causing mis-shaping of the womb cavity.
· Cervical incompetence (weakness) - may cause miscarriage in 2nd trimester.
· Polycystic ovary syndrome - often this disease causes infertility or difficulty in becoming pregnant. It has also been found when this is present with a raised hormone level (LH) there is an increased risk of miscarriage.
· Hormone imbalances
We send you an easy-to-use kit to collect your blood sample.
Post your sample to our lab in the prepaid envelope provided.
View results securely in your own personal dashboard.
Our tests are not a substitute for seeing your doctor, especially if you are suffering symptoms. Our doctors will interpret your results based on the information you have provided, but will not diagnose, consult or provide any treatment. You will be advised to see your doctor for any necessary follow-up action.
Your Blood sample will be analysed at our chosen laboratory based in the heart of London's medical district. You can be assured of fast, accurate results from the UK's largest independent provider of clinical diagnostic tests
Your blood sample will be analysed at one of our chosen laboratories. You can be assured of fast, accurate results from one of our accredited independent providers of clinical diagnostic tests.
Our medical team will comment on out-of-range blood test results and give you follow-up advice where necessary. If you need it, a PDF copy of your Miscarriage Profile test results can be downloaded for your doctor.
Once you have placed your order you will receive login details to mymedichecks.com where you can manage your account, track your orders and view your Miscarriage Profile test results.
Stay motivated by filling in your online health and lifestyle questionnaire and seeing how improvements in your lifestyle can influence your test results. Your medical and family history gives us vital information when interpreting your results.